This is a half day kayak fishing lesson where we actually go fishing! Starting with the basics of setting up your kayak, we then get you out on the water and take you to a few of our favourite spots. We find that by actually getting you out there fishing, you will learn a lot better than if we just sat you down with a book. It's a great option if you are new to the sport but its a good option if you've been doing it for awhile and just not having the success that you'd like.
- Setting up a fishing kayak
- Kayaking technique
- Playing a fish
- Killing a fish and proper care
- Fish filleting
- Fish finders and other technology
- Weather and personal commitments sometimes force cancellations - where possible we will give you as much notice as we can, but mistakes do happen and the weather can be variable in NZ so please be considerate.
- This course is run by Tim Taylor. Tim is the author of the book "A Complete Guide To NZ Kayak Kayak Fishing". He has more than 500 guided trips to his credit and specialises in helping out new paddlers.
- Location: throughout the Bay of Plenty but normally off Papamoa Beach.
- Equipment: most people supply their own equipment for this course but we do have a full fleet of Viking Kayaks that you are welcome to use.
- Kayak and Equipment Packages: if you'd like to buy the whole lot off us, please ask for a quote. We can supply a competitive price and are the only company in New Zealand that both coaches and sells equipment.
- We make no guarantees that you will be a competent kayak fisherman after this course. Kayak fishing can be a serious business and it takes time to learn the finer points.
- I opperate on a no surprises policy - if there's something you think I should know prior, then please talk to me. Failure to do so may compromise yours or someone else's enjoyment of the lesson e.g. if you're extremely overweight or if you've never been in a kayak before.