This is a half-day kayak fishing trip which is suitable for people of all experience levels and its our most popular kayak fishing experience!
- Departing daily from Papamoa Beach at 7am
- Allow 4 - 5 hours from arival to departure.
- Total distance kayaked around 4km.
- All kayaking and fishing equipment provided
Please contact us today if you would like to check availability.
As with all fishing, its never a guarantee that you will catch fish...after all it's called fishing, not catching but our guide, Tim Taylor, is Tauranga's only dedicated kayak fishing guide so you can rest assure that you have the best possible chance in finding some fishy treats.
But what if I've never kayaked before? Great, we absolutely love taking beginners out because they catch the most fish! Kayaking is a sport that everyone can understand and we find it takes only a few minutes before you are charging along like a champion. The same goes for fishing. Tim will be there every step of the way to give you tips and encouragement and he will even take the cheesy photos so you can show off your new skills to mates back home.
- Bring your receipt as proof of purchase.
- Bring a towel, water bottle and snacks.
- A hat and sunglasses are a serious reccomendation.
- Wear clothing that you don't mind getting wet in, usually this consists of shorts and a light thermal top. We will provide pants and a jacket.
- Tim will fillet your catch free of charge when you get back to the beach so don't forget to bring something to put it in. A small chilly bin or cooler bag will be suitable.
- Guests need to supply own transport to get to the beach. At the time of booking, you will be emailed an information sheet which includes a small map on how to get there.
- Everyone will be provided with all the necessary kayaking and fishing equipment including baits.
- Everyone will be fitted into their own kayak but Under 12's must use a double kayak with their accompanying adult. If adults wish to use a double (perhaps you want it to be a love cruise haha), please advise at the time of booking.
- Time on the water will be a mix of kayaking and fishing with total distances not expected to exceed 4km. These trips are designed to be enjoyable...not a hard-core work out.
- Primary fishing method will be with baits but if you have prior experience and wish to use other techniques (e.g. with lures) please advise us and we can make it happen.
- You guide Tim will offer all necessary assistance to help land catches.
- All catches will be measured and must comply with NZ size limits and each client will be limited to a combined bag limit of 7 fish.
- If clients do not wish to eat the fish, then an awesome photo will be taken before the fish is gently released.
- Other forms of fishing are available (bait, jigging, fly-fishing) and can be discussed at time of booking. Specialty equipment may incur extra charges.
- No sharks are to be targeted or killed.
- Un-sportsman like behaviour will not be tolerated and all fish must be caught using ‘fair chase methods’.
- Excessive loss, deliberate misuse, or breakage of any equipment will incur extra charges.
- Guests can feel free to bring their own equipment e.g. favourite rod.
- Need to have a reasonable level of mobility
- Will need to be within a normal adult weight range. NZ Kayaker accepts no responsibility for people’s lifestyle choices and reserves the right to decline anybody who poses significant risks to themselves or the group. No refund will be given in this instance.
- All guests should be proficient at swimming.
- Need to inform their guide of any health issues. Discression will be used and where necessary the tour may be altered to suit individual needs.
Book a Tour
If you would like to book a tour with the team at NZ Kayaker please click the button and you will be taken to our booking page.